quarta-feira, 16 de abril de 2008

First entry after hols

Right then, so a new post after holidays (YAY!). I'm writing it in English cause it's how my head is working now and I can't be bother to translate things now as I am almost falling asleep in front of my laptop.

So back in Cardiff after 3 wonderful weeks in the "discoveries land". Really nice to see some of you guys although I havent seen some people I was looking forward to which made me sad.
Anyway, thank you for all the care and love when I was there.

Cardiff is in the same place and looking the same except for the sun that decided to appear but that's going away this friday.

Just came back from CU meeting which was quite good. Peter Baker (yeah, the guy that saved my mum's housemate from dying in the sea - what a tiny small world), senior pastor at Highfields spoke about about suffering and Job. Very good indeed! This was followed by tea and cookies which are much apreciated by me (specially when I'm so hungry as I was).

One thing we found out this monday was that Dave (friend of mine)was leaving this uni and his Biology course to go and learn Teaching to special needs kids. A sad notice 'cause he is a great guy, but will come to visit :) With this, some housing stuff may change but you'll be informed when it is definitive.

Right, and I think it is it! Loads of work to get on to as usual and exams coming soon.

Hope its everything great in the sunny (oh wait...)/ cloudy land

lv
ASG

P.S.: Just a quick reference to you, guys. It worths to call the radio station when there is some contest goin on. One of the things I found out this week. Mr. Sabbo called and won a ticket to Estoril Open and got to see Federer...such luck annoys me!!

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Hey baby!!

Well, back to Cardiff... And i didn't get the chance to be with you... =( Next time, ok? x)

Glad u had a good time back at home, bet u missed ur family after all that time away... And i saw the picture of the flower ur little brother gave you, that was so sweet =)

Anyway, i'm sure you'll have lots of work to do now. It's a tough course u'r in.Me, i have like one english presentation, another for the translation studies class and a paper (facultativo) on some country based on some book by Hofstede (about cultural dimensions) that we're studying. And i havn't started any of them!
And on another topic, i have like 2 weeks before Queima das Fitas, which means that in 16 days my godfather is going to "traçar" my cape, and 19 days till Cortejo and Passar a Tribuna, when i'll no longer be a fresh student... and i'm absolutely nervous! =\

Hope everything goes well with you. Don't exhaust urself to death, promise?? =p

luv u loads, sweetheart!!
kiss******

Sofia Monteiro

Anónimo disse...

Hey ana!

Was reading through your blog and i couldn't help but notice that Peter Baker was mentioned as a LIFE - SAVER! lol there must be story worth the telling there! i had no idea our Pete was a hero?

glad you're settling back into Cardiff. don't worry:- the weather ALWAYS gets amazing just in time for exams. typical.

i'm glad you enjoyed you enjoyed CU too.

See you soon

Geraint