terça-feira, 9 de junho de 2009

back to my portuguese home

Hey

So, i got back to my "Portugal home" from my "Cardiff home" on friday. The flight wasn't as bad, this time... In fact, all the trains and the flight I had to get were on time and I was able to read for the whole day which is always a good thing.

My exams finished on Monday, the 1st. I can't describe how good it was to step out of that room and realise they were over and done with... I'll get my marks mid-july. let's hope they are ok, to complete my happyness. I know I've done my best, so... now it's in God's hands.

Monday afternoon/evening was spent hanging out, firstly with Dave, and then Jo and Rachael. It was great just to chill out. It was really really hot (in like, 26ºC... oh my goodness! since when did 26ºC become "really hot" instead of "ok...a bit chilly"?!?!) and I was wearing jeans which wasn't a great wardrobe choice for that day (the sad thing is that that wasn't the only bad wardrobe choice that I did that week... in fact there were many more). We went to the pub for dinner where I had my first Pimms ever!

We spent Tuesday down at the bay. Jo had a hair appointement in the morning (that turned out to last for 3.5 hours...) and Rachael and I spent that time reading, seating outside in a coffee shop, looking at the bay and drinking tea. Although it was lovely, I got the biggest sunburn EVER due to my stubborness and to thinking "I'm portuguese! I won't need sun screen in Wales!!". Then we went on the OM ship (Logos Hope) that had arrived in Cardiff a few days before. There were so many books there!! I am rather proud of myself as I only spent 19 pounds and got loads of books!

I did my laundry and packed pretty much all my stuff the following morning. Then, in the afternoon, we went to Roath Park for a walk and ended up going on a rowboat. The highlight of this adventure was prob my lack of gifting for rowing (and we are being nice, here) and when I accidently hit a mum-swan with one of the oars. I thought the evil animal was actually gonna "jump" to the boat and attack us as we couldn't row fast enough to move away from her. I was told afterwards that they are pretty useless coming out of water but still... with so many annoying seaguls around that I could kill (I'm sure this would be appreciated by most of the human kind), I had to hit the massive and evil swan... there are unlucky times.
Then it was CU. it was sooo weird to see some of the people I've got to know for the last time, in uni... well, I'm sure I'll see them around someday and if not, I get to spend eternity with them so... lots of time.

On Thursday, Rach came and left some of her stuff in my room for summer, along with a colour coded list of everything staying there... -.- In the evening we went to see "Angels and Demons", the film adapted from Dan Brown's book with the same title. The book is better but the movie is pretty good! We had dinner at an amazing indian retaurant beforehand. I was so so so full...

On Friday, Jo and Rach picked me up and drove me to the train station. Dave was waiting there and, kindly, helped me carry my mega heavy suitcase up the stairs and into the train.
The rest of the day was spent travelling. nothing that exciting...

And here I am. back in this office (that really needs some urgent tidying...) as like I never left. i came back again to find my shampoo had been used as well as my toothpaste. some things never change... :D

If you got to the end of my detailed account of my last week in Cardiff - well done! Will write again soon.

ASG


p.s. This post will be translated into portuguese so that everyone can read it :)

Sem comentários: